Jan 5, 2014
VTC Revised Salient Features from 1.4.2009
Above scheme revised with effect from 1.4.2009. Revised Salient Features are follows:
1. The Scheme is being implemented through the State Governments at Govt. Ashramschool.
2. The scheme is exclusively for benefit of the Scheduled Tribes.
3. The capacity of each Vocational Training Center is 100. i.e. for one trade there should be at least 20 candidates.
4. Each center may cater to five vocational courses. i.e. Electrician, Carpenter, TV/Radio Repairing, Diesel Engine Repairing, Dress Making.
5. Each tribal boy/girl is trained in one trade of his/her choice, the course being of maximum six months’ duration.
6. Each trainee is attached to a Master Craftsman in a semi-urban area for a period of six months to learn his skill by practical experience.
The following Expenses are paid under the Scheme:
The maximum assistance of Rs.30,000/- per annum per ST trainee comprising the following:
1. Stipend top trainee @ Rs. 700/- per month
2. Rs. 1600/- per trainee per annum for procurement of tools, raw martial etc.
3. Monthly honorarium to faculty/supporting staff etc.
4. Boarding/lodging of trainees, electricity and water charges, etc.
5. Additional payment of annual rent as per actual subject to a limit of Rs. 10,000/- per month is admissible in case of rented building.
Non-recurring expenses @ Rs. 0.48 lakh per trade for five years is admissible under the scheme.